A chocolate pumpkin bread that’s moist, perfectly sweet and spiced, and extremely simple! This recipe is low-fat, gluten-free, and vegan. Ideal for breakfast, dessert, snacking and fall gatherings.
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN BREAD
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan (or favorite) chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
* Add your favorite nuts or seeds to batter or for topping.
*If not GF, sub for whole wheat flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chocolate powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, apple sauce, maple syrup and water. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir gently to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, top with powdered sugar for taste and good looks.
This is the perfect bread to make for fall parties, Thanksgiving, Friends-giving, pumpkin carving, or just to have on hand for a snack on chilly days. Picture this: You, chai latte, pumpkin bread, oversized sweater, stretchy pants, a book. PURE HEAVEN.
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
If you have a question, please leave your message on the Lets Connect page.