Sometimes you just need a burger. Vegan/Vegetarian/whatever-arian you are, there are days where you just need that burger fix. If today is that day, I’m here for you.
A burger brings memories, comfort, satisfaction and deliciousness. A bonding moment. The start of a new friendship. So, those who know me well, know I am not the person to eat out a burger, ever. Unless maybe I was absolutely hungry. This burger is typically the only burger I tend to crave and go-to every time.
*Backed full of flavor
*Spot on texture
*Tender without being too mushy
*Not too sweet
*Not too salty
*Hearty & satisfying
On days where nothing sounds fulfilling, this BB Burger is only thing that will do the trick.
BB BURGER + FRIES
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp of Organic ketchup
- 1 Tbsp of Organic dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup of instant oats
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
Bun – whole grain, lettuce wrap, Ezekiel 7-Grain bread
Cheese – Daiya, GoVeggie
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork until mostly pureed but still some half beans and bean parts are left.
- Stir in condiments and spices until well combined. Then mix in oats.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into thin patties.
- Bake for 7 minutes, carefully flip over and bake for another 7 minutes, or until crusty on the outside. Slap on Ezekiel 7 Grain bread or favorite whole grain bread of choice with extra condiments and enjoy!
Oven-Baked Potato Fries Ingredients
- 4-8 favorite potatoes
- Italian herbs
- Garlic powder
- Salt for desire
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or oil-free baking pad
- Wash and slightly dry potatoes. Cut into streak fry shape, 1-2 inch diameter. Season fries with Italian season or any other favorites
- Put fries onto the baking sheet, evenly distributed. Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Let cool. Then enjoy with favorite dipping sauces!
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
If you have a question, please leave your message on the Lets Connect page.