Quesadillas are the perfect food, anytime. They take just five minutes to make, simple ingredients and everyone loves them. They make the perfect finger-food at a party and can still be made as your late night snack. Easy to say, they are a go-to meal. You’ll notice, these quesadillas are a bit different – the regular, white flour, cheese-loaded version doesn’t do much for me anymore. So instead, I created a quesadilla that is packed full of vitamins and nutrients to fully satisfy anyone and be fulfilling. You will never look back.
SUPER SIMPLE SWEET POTATO QUESADILLA
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Organic corn tortilla
*If not, bell pepper or onion, sub for your favorite veggies.
*If not corn tortilla, sub for whole wheat flour.
*If available, choice a tortilla with simple ingredients, low sodium and no oil.
*Add a meatless protein, like Gardein or any other favorite meatless alternatives.
Tortilla – Engine2 brand, Whole Foods Market brand
Cheese – Daiya, GoVeggie
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes. Then, cook the sweet potatoes by adding to a double boiler or steamer for 18-20 mins. (Time varies by the size of cubed potatoes.) Once cooked through, move sweet potatoes into a bowl. Set to the side.
- Chop your favorite veggies into small pieces. Set to the side.
- Heat a small amount of water in a pan to prevent sticking. Add, veggies and cook until al dente (not to soft, not to firm), then add spices.
- Transfer sauté veggies into the bowl of sweet potatoes. Combine well, add additional seasonings and cilantro.
- Lay a tortilla flat in the pan, spoon a quarter of the mixture onto one half of it, then fold over the other half. Dry fry on one side until it’s blistered and golden brown, then flip over and do the same on the other side.
- Cut and serve with your favorite guacamole or salsa on the side.
- To finish add a squeeze of lime juice.
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
If you have a question, please leave your message on the Lets Connect page.