When I crave tacos, I want the whole experience. I find this recipe super quick and easy to prepare and it has so much flavor. I can’t get over how delicious each and every bite is. This is my favorite, minimal recipe Tex-Mex Taco Recipe.
- 1 cup Brown rice (steamed)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 Handful Cilantro
- 1 Handful Kale or Green of your choice
- Organic corn soft tortillas
*If not corn tortilla, sub for whole wheat flour. Choice a tortilla with simple ingredients, low sodium and no oil.
*Add a meatless protein, like Gardein or any other favorite meatless alternatives.
Tortilla – Engine2 brand, 365 brand
Cheese – Daiya, GoVeggie
Salsa – 365 brand or Trader Joe’s
Beans – Eden’s Organic (canned beans)
Rice – 365 brand, Organic brown rice
- Place 1 cup of rice in a pot with 2 cups of water, turn temperature on medium heat and cover for 25-30 mins.
- After rice is fully cooked, drain excess water and return rice back into the pot or into a separate bowl.
- Next add your black beans, favorite greens, cilantro, and favorite salsa and guacamole. Mix all together. If you rather leave the salsa and guacamole to the side and add on last, you can do so!
- To finish add a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!
For hard taco shells : Place oil free organic Corn Tortillas folded on baking rack and bake on 375 degrees until Tortillas reach your desired crispness. Use tongs to keep tortillas in taco form while cooking.
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
If you have a question, please leave your message on the Let’s Connect page.