Who doesn’t love ice cream? I know I do! Vegan nice cream, of course 🙂 Surprisingly, I haven’t been vegan for all my life. And once upon a time I did eat ice cream and a lot of it! Once, I even did a ice cream eating challenge (big mistake).
The ice cream eating challenge was at Dr. Jazz’s Ice Cream Parlor in Old Webster Groves, Mo. The challenge was ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, the first 10 bites were so good. It wasn’t fun for too long. After 5-10 minutes into the challenge, I realized I couldn’t feel my face nor could taste much because my taste buds felt went cold.
The challenge was to eat a scoop of every flavor ice cream and every topping they had. Oh, and I had to eat it all in under 45 minutes or something like that. My friends thought I was nuts! But they were super supportive through the whole thing, so thank you friends (you know who you are).
I ended up finishing it all, and way faster than I expected. By the end of the night, I was sick and accidentally threw up on my friends front lawn (sorry Mr. Wilson). Overall, fun experience and I don’t recommend anyone do it for fun.
So what’s my point? Today, I am vegan and I know longer have a desire to do ANY eating challenges (thank the lord).
Ice cream is great, in all, but it’s not really the best thing to be eating. Sorry, but the truth is we can’t digest the enzymes in dairy. That’s why people get constipated, acne, tired and headaches or migraines. The lists goes on forever…
Okay, back to the nice cream.
I want people to love what they eat, because it makes them feel good and they really enjoy the tastes and flavors! That’s what it’s all about. It’s not about eating over complicated foods and feeling like crap an hour later.
Foods should nurish the body, not tear it down. Nice cream is a non dairy alternative and is perfect for anyone. Its’s easy to make and super cheap too.
It’s the best for breakfast, lunch or dinner AND dessert.
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Nice Cream Recipe:
Nice Cream Ingredients
- 3-4 Frozen ripe bananas (spotted bananas for the best taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp Plant based milk
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1.5 Cup Rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup Organic pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Favorite nut butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla drops, pure vanilla extra or bean
- 1 Tbsp Plant based milk
- 1/3 Cup Dairy free chocolate chips
- To prepare C.C. cookie dough, put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it forms into a ball. Then your done.
- To prepare the nice cream, pull 3-4 bananas out of the freezer and put bananas into a high speed blender.
- Blend until bananas are at an ice cream constancy.
- Take the ball cookie dough out from the food processor and pull small pieces off of it.
- Mix those small pieces into your bananas nice cream to act as the cookie dough. Add as much or little as you want to your ice cream.
- Eat the whole thing, or put it into a container to store for later and enjoy 🙂
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
Peace & Plants
Hannah the Vegan
COACHING EMAIL: Hkoritz1@gmail.com