Dr. Cates presents guidelines and recipes to transform your skin from the inside out.
She explains the “why” of what’s happening, and how you can remedy problems. She opens by showing how to identify your skin type to reach the root cause of problems. From there you’ll learn how to create nourishing foods to create a clean mind, clear skin, and healthy body. Collagen-boosting bone broths, antioxidant-rich salads, and delicious smoothies are just a few things on the menu. You’ll also be able to whip up all-natural cleansers, toners, exfoliants, and masks.
- Why some of the first signs of nutritional deficiencies can show up in our skin.
- The five different skin types, and how to figure out which one you are.
- Why water is not the correct pH for the skin and why you want something more acidic on your skin.
- How digestive enzymes from things like pineapple can be used to help turn over dead skin cells more quickly.
- Why mineral oil is something that should be avoided.
- The five natural ingredients for your skin that you can get straight from the kitchen.
and so much more….
It’s just a few questions and it helps people determine which of the skin types they are and it gives some recommendations based upon that. In chapter six of her book, she talks about how people can customize their 2-week program based upon their skin types. She gives specific recommendations on diet changes. Things that supplements that they should consider adding as well as topicals.